Comments on the News:
- "Twitter has changed the way people around the world communicate and interact with brands," said Marcel LeBrun, SVP and GM for Salesforce Radian6. "The alliance between Twitter and salesforce.com enables companies to apply the power of social listening and engagement to over 400 million Tweets daily, providing opportunities for social enterprises to engage, solve problems, gain followers and build brand identity."
- "Companies look to Twitter to connect with their customers in real time about the things that matter to them. Salesforce.com understands how to facilitate these interactions," said Jana Messerschmidt, vice president of Business Development at Twitter. "Combining the power of Salesforce Radian6 with Twitter helps companies understand and respond to their customers as these conversations are happening."
Salesforce.com and Twitter Global Strategic Alliance
Salesforce.com and Twitter have announced a global strategic alliance that provides full access to the Twitter Firehose of public Tweets to Salesforce Radian6 customers. This alliance allows social enterprises to turn the massive volume of social conversations about their products, brand and industry into dynamic engagements that strengthen customer relationships. As companies continue to transform their business for today's social world, this alliance empowers them to engage with customers in entirely new ways.
With more than 100,000 customers, salesforce.com is the enterprise cloud computing company that is leading the shift to the social enterprise. Social enterprises leverage social, mobile and open cloud technologies to put customers at the heart of their business. Based on salesforce.com's real-time, multitenant architecture, the company's platform and application services allow customers to:
- Create employee social networks with Salesforce Chatter, Salesforce Rypple and SalesforceForce.com.
- Develop customer social networks with the Salesforce Sales Cloud, Salesforce Service Cloud and Salesforce Data.com.
- Connect with customers on public social networks with Salesforce Heroku, Salesforce Radian6and Salesforce Site.com.
- Empower small businesses to become social enterprises with Salesforce Desk.com and Salesforce Do.com.
- Extend a company's social enterprise with apps from the leading enterprise app marketplace,AppExchange.
- Run apps on Database.com, the first social enterprise database.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "CRM." For more information please visit http://salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
©2012 salesforce.com, inc. All rights reserved. Salesforce.com, Salesforce, Chatter, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Radian6, Jigsaw, AppExchange, Force.com, Heroku, and all associated logos are trademarks of salesforce.com, inc. in the United States and other countries. Salesforce.com offers its Siteforce products and services in Germany under the Force.com Sites trademark. Other names used herein may be trademarks of their respective owners. Other names used herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.